Saturday, May 17, 2014

Water Flowing Underground


So I concluded my water workings on Beltane or so I thought. On may 6th, after some intense dental work, my brother called to let me know that my Grandmother was dying. I made a trip to Houston to say goodbye. When My parents divorced, my Grandmother filled the void, she was my rock. Saying goodbye was one of the hardest things I have ever done. Somewhere in the process, as I was singing old spirituals I found solid ground, pushed against it and found the surface again. This was her final gift to me, a reminder that I come from solid stock and our deep spiritual convictions will always be there to support us.

That's when I realized the importance of my elemental. Sea turtles eat jellyfish and thrive. Despite being able to dive to great depths they must always return to the surface to breathe. They also return to their home beach every year to spawn, they never forget where they came from.

My ultimate take away from my water workings is this; learn to thrive on what others disregard, return to the surface after plunging to the depths, and never forget where you came from. My shell is there to protect me and I am built to swim life's currents. Perhaps the most important thing I learned is that when you feel like you've  hit bottom, push hard and thrust upwards.

Oh yeah David Byrne is wrong there's not just water at the bottom of the Ocean, there is Earth....

No comments:

Post a Comment